Breaded Pork Chops With Onion
- Ready In:
- 4 pork loin chops (bone in or boneless)
- 15 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 large sweet onion
- garlic powder, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat skillet to med/medium high temp with oil.
- In separate shallow bowls (1 bowl for each item) place the 2 eggs (beaten), milk, flour, and crackers. Dip the pork chop in milk, then flour, then egg and lastly the cracker crumbs.
- Place in heated skillet and cook until outer crust is golden brown (should only take a couple minutes per side).
- Remove pork chops from skillet and place into a baking pan. Sprinkle each chop with garlic powder and pepper. Slice onion (fairly thin) and place two slices on each pork chop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. If you prefer a crispy breading do not cover with foil, if you prefer a softer breading cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes then remove foil for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- I like to serve this with potatoes I have boiled. I remove the pork chops from the baking dish, put a little oil or butter in the baking dish to deglaze then toss the potatoes in the baking dish, stir in some seasoning salt and pepper then remove.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I did not have pork loin chops and used thinner cut bone-in chops. After frying the first side for 4 minutes, I sprinkled the second side with the garlic powder and black pepper and fried for 5 minutes. The chops were perfectly cooked with a beautiful golden crust. Because of the thinner chops I did not use the oven method as an additional 20-30 minutes would have resulted in dry meat. I sauted the onion slices in the pan drippings and then placed on top of the cooked chops. Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I enjoy reading recipes and trying out new ones all the time.</p>