Brazil, Hearts of Palm Risotto
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 5 ounces arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 -3 hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, cold
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Bring stock to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and butter over high heat. Add the onion and cook until it’s transparent.
- Pour in the rice and stir for 1 minute; add the wine and stir until it's absorbed.
- Add the stock a 1/4 cup measure at a time, and stir constantly until it's absorbed. Repeat this step until the rice is al dente, or still a little bit hard.
- One minute before it’s ready, add the hearts of palm and mix well.
- Remove from heat, add butter, parsley and cheese and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Risotto should be a little creamy, not dry.
- Serve immediately.
- *note: the hearts of palm need to be soft, because they don't cook long at all. If using canned and they are salty, rinse them. If they aren't soft or fresh, zap them in the microwave for 45 seconds on 500.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt= /> <br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /></a><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/SassyBanner.jpg alt=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/SassyBanner.jpg /></p>