Bratwurst in Beer Sauce - Stolzer Heinrich (Proud Henry)
- Ready In:
- 4 bratwursts
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark beer
- 3 -4 tablespoons ginger cookie crumbs (I use gingersnaps and crush them in a ziplock bag with the side of a hammer)
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons concentrated beef stock (when out, I've used Maggi's)
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Poke a few holes in each bratwurst with a fork so they don't burst.
- Dredge the brats in flour.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and fry the bratwursts on both sides.
- Remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Pour the beer into the skillet and deglaze it, making sure you scrape all the yummy crumbs sticking to the sides and bottom.
- Add the ginger cookie crumbs and grated onion.
- Cook those together for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, beef stock and lemon juice.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Reduce heat, return the bratwurst to the skillet and cook them until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My hubby and I live in Sacramento, California. I am the Director of Operations for Backgrounds Online, where we provide pre-employment screening for companies. <br /><br />The DH and I have a tiny apartment and a tinier kitchen out of which we try and perform miracles. It's known as a "one butt kitchen" to my mother and we have fun juggling that together. This fostered a blog we created where we try and showcase "little miracles" we perform in the "One Butt Kitchen." </p>