Braised Beef Shank
photo by RuPei
- Ready In:
- 20 cups water
- 2 lbs beef shank
- 1⁄4 cup aged soy sauce
- 5 small red chili peppers, finely chopped, remove seeds if prefer
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce glaze (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- Bring 10 cups water to boil. Add beef shank and bring to boil again. Cook for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Combine remaining 10 cups water and soy sauce in a large soup pot. Add beef shank and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and braise for 40 minutes or until tender. Turn over once during braising. Let cool and slice.
- Combine green onion, red chili peppers, soy sauce glaze, sesame seed oil and sliced beef shank.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I like to teach people how to cook authentic Chinese food since most Chinese food I've tried here in the US has lost its original taste. Therefore, the recipes I post here have not been adjusted at all. They are just how you would taste in my homeland. Hope you enjoy!<img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /></p>