- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Pound the steak out to about half it's thickness or less.
- Cut the rind off of the salt pork and save for a soup pot. Mince the salt pork into a paste with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread the paste over the steak and roll the steak up from the longest end, tying the roll with kitchen twine.
- dredge with flour and fry in the same pot you will use to make your gravy (red sauce).
- After it is browned well, cover it with sauce and cook for about 2 hours. Remove strings, slice, and serve along side pasta, covered with your sauce.
- To make it a meal just serve larger portions. A one-pound bracciole would serve about 8 people alongside of pasta, meatballs, pork ribs, beef roast, etc. We would cook a ton of food for a family feast so a little bit of each was all we needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello Zaars and Zaarinas! Thank all of you who tried my 'memory' recipes and left such nice reviews and for taking such lovely pictures. I do appreciate your comments. My pet peeves about cooking are recipe reviews where the reviewer says, "I made the recipe exactly as written EXCEPT yada yada yada" and I don't like suggestive names or titles such as, "Better Than Sex". I don't know why anyone would eat anything that is 'sinful' or 'decadent' since decadent is described as being decaying. Also, PAP-RI-KA only has 3 syllables. VINAIGRETTE is pronounced vin-a-grette, not vinager-ette. It's mas-car-pone not mars-ca-pone. And I don't like cutesy adult baby talk,,, or metro chic names like delish, nutrish, yummo, sammy, BAM! Oh well, I make as many, or more, faux pas as the next guy especially in ASL! Things that crack me up are: DH Fred from youtube.com Nick, my nephew Fish and Poi song as performed by PoiBoi My possum recipe per the song on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVvL4-srt6U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpbyM8k7e2Q wow this is good! my Doggie Little Yellow Petey Bird on youtube My BFF's. all of them and there are so many! and my little Sister Mary Beth. She has MS and Lupus and a great attitude. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">