- Ready In:
- 2hrs 8mins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (I use only one tablespoon of Splenda brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skinless
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add salmon fillets to bag and seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator for about 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add fish and marinade to pan; cook fish 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; drizzle each serving with about 2 teaspoons sauce.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon green onions if you like.
- VARIATION: this bourbon glaze recipe can also be done for grilled steaks or grilled chicken breasts and its flavor is excellent, too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I learned how to cook since I was young helping my dear Mom in the kitchen. Also like to combine ideas or ingredients from different recipes to create some of my own, so my dear husband and my family enjoy what I cook.