photo by khaanam
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softend
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh coconut
- 1⁄4 cup suger syrup
- 1 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 -6 tablespoons sweeten condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 100 ml fresh cream
- Preheat oven at 180°F Grease 7 inch round cake pan and line with butter paper.
- In a small saucepan combine coconut, coco powder, and condenced milk on low flam stir continously for 4 to 5 minutes until smooth, cool. mix fresh cream in cool coconut mixture,refrigerate.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs and suger with electric beater untill suger is dissolved, slowly add softend butter, continue beating for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl sift flour baking powder baking soda and salt 2 to 3 times.
- Gradually add flour mixture into egg and suger mixture with light hand. add vanila extrect and grated coconut. mix lightly.
- Pour mixture into greased pan evenly and bake for 35 to 45 minuts or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. cut into two layers.
- Pour 1/2 suger syrup on bottom layer then Spread half coconut frosting over it. cover with second layer of cake & again pour suger syrup on top layer and frost with remaining coconut frosting.
- Sprinkle grated coconut on top if you like and put a cherry in center. Refrigerate befor serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!