Bob's Collard Greens
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch collard greens (big bunch)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Chop the collard greens, stems and all, into bite sized pieces.
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil. Pour in the collards and boil for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Once the greens are done drain them and return them to the pot.
- Pour the sauce over them and keep warm until you're ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!