Blue Cheese Grits With Roasted Garlic
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups cold water
- 2 cups regular grits
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 large dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush garlic with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, until soft and caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- Pour water into a heavy saucepan over medium heat; add salt. Slowly stir in grits, adding in a steady stream.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, or until thick and smooth with a soupy consistency. Add more water if necessary.
- Squeeze garlic into grits. Add Tabasco, butter and cheese, keeping aside a large handful of cheese to garnish.
- Stir in eggs and cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with roast chicken or pork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!