Blackened Chicken Pizza
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another one of Paula Deen's recipes. Chicken Pizzas one of my favorites, hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 3 teaspoons blackening seasoning, divided
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1/2 lb pounded to 1/4 inch thickness)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 (15 inch) pizza crusts
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning evenly over chicken breast.
- In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until chicken is done. Remove from heat, and cool. Cut chicken into thin strips; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, and cook for two minutes. Stir in flour; cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in wine and milk. Cook, whisking constantly, for about 4-5 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in basil and remaining 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning. remove from heat.
- Spread cream mixture evenly over prepared unbaked crust. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top evenly with spinach, chicken strips, bacon, remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cut into wedges to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION