Black Walnut-Coconut Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped black walnut
- Combine ½ cup brown sugar and 1 cups flour in a medium mixing bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press dough evenly into a 8-inch square baking pan; bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon flour, salt, eggs, vanilla, coconut, and black walnuts in a medium mixing bowl. Pour over baked crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 22 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!