Black Halloween Punch
photo by Ima Cookin
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope grape unsweetened flavored drink mix
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope orange unsweetened flavored drink mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1 liter ginger ale
- You'll need 2 disposable rubber or latex gloves for this (see note in recipe description).
- In a large punch bowl, combine powdered grape and orange drink mixes, sugar, water and ginger ale. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Wash disposable gloves and fill with water. Twist open ends of gloves and seal with rubber bands. Place gloves in a pan and freeze until solid.
- Briefly dip frozen gloves in warm water. Peel away glove and discard. Float prepared hands in bowl just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this punch this morning here at my office for our "Boo Breakfast". (I swapped Splenda for sugar for my dietary needs.) It really tastes good for as gross as it looks. It's a sort of brownish color. A co-worker said it looks like swamp water! LOL! I hung gummy worms off the side of the punch bowl and froze two of the wax fangs in a small custard cup so they would be floating in the bowl as well as some plastic spiders and rats in ice cube trays. What a surprise when someone dipped out a gummy worm AND a rat at the same time!! Too much fun. Using this same recipe (and accessories!) tomorrow night for a party, but adding vodka for an "adult" version. ;-) (Pics to follow.) UPDATE: Sharing my pic from my office breakfast. I decided to call it Vampire Blood Punch since I was a "devilish vampire" that morning. ;-)
My preschooler and her BFF "hosted" their first costume Halloween party yesterday and I made this punch to serve. We had over 20 kids, plus at least one parent for each kid and this punch was a big hit. I loved the ice hands! While my friend was removing the gloves, one finger broke off. We threw it in anyway and it made it all the more creepy! The store was all out of orange flavored Kool-Aid, so I bought the grape flavor and then subbed in some Tang for the orange. I wish I had gotten a photo of this, but I was so busy with the rest of the food that I forgot once it went out to the table. Ima's photo is wonderful though, so I'd hate to post over it anyway! That photo sold the punch for me. :D Thanks for sharing, Hey Jude!
see 3 more reviews