Black Eyed Pea Relish
- Ready In:
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can sweet corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 hot pepper, diced fine, I use a jalapeno (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain liquid from canned items and combine all ingredients.
- Chill overnight or for several hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips.
Join The Conversation