Black Bean Relish
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄4 medium red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1⁄4 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper
- salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large non-reactive bowl.
- Relish can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated.
- Stir occasionally and remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a recent widow and am trying to find my way in life without my DH. I am blessed with many great friends and my sister and brothers who I love very much. I love to cook to entertain and feed my friends and family whenever I can. My interests are running, tennis and working out. I have a crazy little cat named Lucy who keeps me entertained - that is her picture you see on my page.