Black Bean and Aztec (Brown Rice Blend) Rice Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 celery rib, diced finely
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons red onions, diced finely
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (reserve some for garnish)
- 8 tablespoons salsa, I like it hot. (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, coarsly ground
- Combine salad ingredients in medium size bowl. (except the salsa).
- Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl and wisk. Adjust to suit personal taste.
- Mix dressing with rice and bean mixture.
- When serving top with 1 tablespoon salsa and a bit more cilantro.
- Eat healthy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live on a farm in beautiful Alberta Canada with my husband and children. Between us we have six 'kids' ranging in age from 16 - 26 years old. Now that there are only two of our kids left living at home, I have more time to play around with my real passion; cooking and trying new recipes. I really love it when the kids come home so I can cook for them. I truly enjoy harvesting our massive garden (well, actually it is more my husband Jerry's garden if I am honest.)and putting up preserves every year. We have a great arrangement, he plants and weeds - I cook and can everything edible! It works well for us. My favorite thing is when my husband and I share a glass of wine while I am cooking and have the best visits. Oh so much good food out there and so little waistline to spare! My idea of a nice vacation souvenir is a pile of new and unusual spices to play with! If I don't know what it is.... I just search for it on Recipezaar!!! Way too much fun!