Better Than Sex Cake with Bananas
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 can large pineapple, crushed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 -5 bananas
- 1 container Cool Whip (large tub)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- to taste cherries, chopped
- Mix cake as directed on package, using milk instead of water.
- Bake in oblong pan at 350 degrees until done. When done, remove from oven and punch holes in top (the size of a pencil). Mix sugar and pineapple and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour this over the cake. Let set a few minutes.
- Mix the pudding as directed on box.
- Mix cream cheese with the pudding mix using mixer; spread over cake. Cover this with layer of sliced bananas.
- Spread Cool Whip over bananas.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans over top and decorate with cherries.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My step mom has been making this cake for my dad's birthday for years and years. Now that she's passed, I wanted his birthday to still be just as special so I found the recipe here and I hope it tastes half as good as hers always did. I guess dad will tell me. It has all the same ingredients as hers so fingers crossed! I know for a fact that I'll love it!Reply
I made this about a month ago and forgot to review it! I was looking it up again for a friend and noticed. This cake is fabulous, even without bananas. My bananas were too ripe to slice so I left them out. I also left off the coconut since I made it for picky folks who did not like it. It's worth the tiny extra bit of effort involved for sure. Thanks for posting!1Reply
see 7 more