Best Turkey Burgers
Wonderfully spicy, moist and juicy. These are the best! I found this recipe on Simply Recipes and adjusted it to my taste. Great with sweet potato fries.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 - 3 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 green onions, minced, white and green parts
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or more)
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Prepare your grill (either charcoal or gas) for direct high heat. Or right before cooking, heat a griddle or large cast iron frying pan on the stovetop.
- Combine the turkey, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, chives, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and work the mixture with your hands to just mix. Do not over mix or the burgers will be tough. Form the mixture into 4 1-inch thick patties.
- Season both sides of the patties with salt and pepper. Grill them for 5-7 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature of the patties reach 170°F on a meat thermometer.
- Turkey burgers should be cooked through, not rare. Toward the end of the cooking, put the buns on the grill to toast for about a minute. Remove the burgers from the grill to a platter, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These burgers were great, and spicy and moist as promised, My only complaint was I couldn't have told you (except I made them) if the meat was turkey, veal, chicken or pork as all the flavours in there overpowered the turkeyness of them. I will make these again, trying different meats with the seasonings.Reply