Best of Bran Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3 cups shredded 100% all-bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 cup boiling filtered water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oil, and raisins, and pour the boiling water over them. Set mixture aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, and molasses and honey. Add this to partly cool mixture.
- In another small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the cereal mixture, stirring just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Cover batter with a plastic wrap or damp cloth, and let sit for at leat 15 minutes, perferably 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease 24 muffin cups, and divide batter among them, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, and, when they are slightly cooled, take them out of the tin and place them on a rack to cool completely.
- I like to eat them warm!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a self-love coach who happens to love food. I cook almost daily for my husband of over 30 years and special needs daughter. I rarely follow a recipe exactly. I tweak them to my own taste. I have a few recipes that are uniquely my own.