BEST-EVER Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend inches.
- 3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- 4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.).
- 5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is amazing!!!!! I have now made it 4 times and it just gets better each time. I do add different mix-ins such and m&ms, chopped heath bars, or reeses pieces and all have been incredible. I also make mine with a 1.5 oz. scoop so this recipe makes 12-14 healthy sized cookies.My husband works construction and has been working out of town for over a month but when he comes home on the weekends I send him with a dozen for the week (but they usually only make it till Wednesday).