Best Brats Ever!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Add brats, beer, 3/4 stick of butter, garlic, 1/2 onion, and salt to pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place on medium hot grill and grill until golden brown (15 to 20 minutes).
- Use remaining butter to sauté onions until they become opaque.
- Place on buns top with a spicy mustard and onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious Brats. I did put a whole onion in the beer. Be careful not to simmer on too high of heat, or the brats will burst open. I didn't saute the remaining onions in butter as we really like the vadalia onion raw on our brats, but they were soooo juicy and delicious. No more fires on the grill making the brats this way, just a few minutes on there and you have the taste of the grill, and even better the brats don't burst open there either and cause a flame up. I only grilled for probably about 10 min on low on a gas grill and stood right there and watched them. They were perfect, thanx for much for posting this recipe.