Beer Battered Fish
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Fish and chips made so Brian can eat them.
- Ready In:
- 4 cod fish fillets (or haddock or Talapia)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 fluid ounce) dark beer
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup flour (extra for dredging)
- 2 cups oil (Costco Mediterranean blend)
- Heat oil using low-medium heat in medium pan.
- Use extra flour to lightly but completely coat fish. Use a freezer bag and shake or put flour on plate and dredge.
- Put flour, baking of soda, into bowl or large pan. Add the beer gradually, stop when you have a thick coating type of batter.
- Whisk thoroughly until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Take one fillet of fish at a time and holding it by the tail or thin end, swirl it around the batter until well coated - plunge into hot fat immediately.
- As soon as it has crisped up and set, add your other fillets one at a time, taking out the first ones as they cook - about 6 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness, flipping half way through. Place onto a tray and keep warm in the oven.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION