Herb Battered Fish
Batter thickens as it stands, add a little beer or water to thin before cooking.
- Ready In:
- 12 of your favourite fish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 finely chopped fresh herb
- 375 ml cold beer
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups oil, for deep frying
- Dust fillets with plain flour and set aside.
- Combine the self raising flour, herbs, beer and egg.
- Mix to a smooth batter.
- Dip fish in batter, deep fry in moderately hot oil until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes.
- Serve with tartar sauce and chips.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and herbs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was great! The batter had a wonderful consistency and the herbs were a great addition with the fish. The only fresh herb I had was parseley so I bulked it up with that for the texture and appearance and used dried herbs for the flavour. I also battered a few chips that I'd par cooked in the microwave and it was wonderful with them as well.Reply