photo by Mika G.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin beef (cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- salt and pepper
- In a plastic bag, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add cubes of beef and shake until meat is well covered.
- Saute beef with oil in a large pan.
- Put meat in slow cooker.
- Saute sliced onion in the pan until slightly colored. Add crushed garlic and spices, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put in slow cooker, add yogurt and water and mix well.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add cooked rice, green peas and saffron. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a working wife and mother of 3. My boys are teenagers (17 and 19)and my daughter is 10 years old. My daughter was adopted from South Korea and because of that Korean food has become one of my passions. We visited Korea for two weeks in the summer of 2007 and had the best time ever! We love Korea! </p> <p><br /><a href=http://www.niftymaps.com/visitor-map.php?id=32782><img src=http://i.niftymaps.com/32782.png border=0 alt=Click to zoom in on my visitor map! /></a> <br /> <br />Click on the map to see my most recent visitors! :) <br /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/erinalexa00/Anne%20Taintor/?action=view&current=37081.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/erinalexa00/Anne%20Taintor/37081.jpg border=0 alt=Anne Taintor Make Your Own Damn Dinner Retro Vintage /></a></p>