BBQ Chicken Pot Pie
photo by David04
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce, bottled
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, fillets
- 16 ounces bread dough, I also use pre-made empanada discs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- Place chicken in baking dish, fill with enough water to cover chicken.
- Bake at 425F for 35 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Let chicken cool 5 minutes.
- Using two forks, shred chicken.
- Add onions, peppers and bbq sauce and return to oven for another 10-15 minutes. Stirring if it starts to char.
- Remove chicken from oven.
- Stir in pickles.
- Roll dough out thin into 8 inch discs.
- Place the dough discs into one of the sections of the muffin pan. The dough will overlap, you will need it.
- Fill the dough cup with the chicken gravy mixture.
- Fold the flaps over the top of the chicken mixture, brushing the egg wash onto the dough flaps to "glue" the dumpling closed.
- Repeat until out of chicken mixture.
- Lower oven to 350°F
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!