Batter Fried Squash Blossoms
photo by Barb G.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 dozen male squash blossoms
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- mint leaves (to garnish) or dill weed (to garnish)
- Blend milk, egg, flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper with a fork; beat the batter until smooth.
- Place flattened squash blossoms in batter, stir gently; allow 10 minute soaking time.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet until hot; fry batter coated blossoms until golden; turn once, drain on paper towels, place on plate and garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We had a ton of male blossoms and I've been wanting to try fried squash blossoms forever so I plucked a bunch and found this recipe. WOW.....They are sooooooo delicious. My hubby didn't think he would like these but he loved them, too. This is definitely going to be one of our go to recipes when we have bunches of male blossoms. Thanks for sharing!!
Thank you so much Barb for sharing this great recipe. My very old neighbour use to make these for me using yucchini blossoms; they were truly amazing...I have never forgotten them. She gave me the recipe before she passed away but I lost it...your recipe tastes very similiar. Thanks for all the memories you have just reawakened.