Bath bombs are (non-edible!) chunks of ... stuff that you throw in your bathwater. They soften the skin and smell great.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup citric acid
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 -2 drop food coloring (optional)
- fragranced body oil (essential oils)
- dried flower petals (optional)
- Mix together well a small amount of baking soda, food coloring and 10-20 drops of fragrance oil in a bowl.
- Add this mixture to the remaining baking soda, citric acid, and corn starch (and flower petals, if using).
- Mix well.
- Spritz the mixture with water while mixing with your hands.
- Keep spritzing and mixing until a handful, when squeezed, keeps its shape.
- DO NOT ADD TOO MUCH WATER.
- Press the mixture firmly into your mold (try plain 2" round chocolate molds).
- Do not use molds that are large, nor those that have intricate detail- they will break.
- Pop out of mold immediately (be careful not to break it.) Let it dry overnight.
- The bath bomb will grow slightly when drying.
- Store by wrapping individually, or store in a jar with a tight lid.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My daughter made these as Christmas gifts for her friends. She said the recipe was easy to follow and that she had "tons of fun" making them. She wrapped each on in a small square of plastic wrap, tied shut with curling ribbon. She then put them in cellophane bags tied with more curling ribbon. They were so pretty! Her friends were so excited and impressed. It was a nice change from a sweet gift and the price was right too! HeatherReply
This is a very easy project to do with children. I did it without any petals or flowers. In my next batch, I'd do the mixture without the essential oil, fill half the mold, add the essential oil in the middle of the mixture and fill it up. I pressed the mixture in too firmly and ended up with very compact bombs. This batch made 8 bombs (you see only 7 bombs in the photo as the 8th was serving time as a bathroom air-freshener) but the next bath will probably yield 12. The bombs measure approx. 1 3/4 and 1 inches. I used plastic jelly molds. Thanks for posting this!Reply
see 1 more