Basic Spaghetti Sauce
This is my recipe for basic spaghetti sauce. It isn't fancy, but child friendly. Weight Watchers: 1 point per serving as written.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 84 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Saute onion and pepper in oil until soft. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, spices and brown sugar. Adjust seasoning and sugar to taste. Simmer on low for 1-2 hours.
- Add chopped fresh basil just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation