Basic, Simple, and Tasty Ice Cream Cake
photo by Hannah
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 three layer cake
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk or 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 quarts ice cream (just a regular-sized container or ice cream)
- Take out ice cream to thaw until softened. (Any flavor of ice cream will work.).
- Line a nine inch round cake pan with plastic wrap. Take the softened ice cream and fill the cake pan. Make sure the ice cream is not too runny, or else it will not freeze well.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap (saran wrap) and put in freezer to harden for several hours. You can prepare the ice cream overnight.
- For the cake, cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, then beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients, then add to bowl alternately with the milk.
- Spread evenly into two greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees or until inserted toothpick comes out dry. Cool completely.
- Assemble the ice cream cake. Take one layer of cake and place on a platter. Take out the ice cream layer out of its pan and place on top of cake layer. Place the remaining cake layer on the very top, then frost top and sides with desired frosting.
- Place in the freezer until serving. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a young girl that loves to bake and cook.