Barefoot Contessa's Blueberry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 pints fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1 cup vanilla sugar (or 1 cup sugar with 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine the blueberries and vanilla sugar in a large heavy saucepan. If you don't have vanilla sugar, just use a cup of sugar and a 1/4 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Add 1 cup water and the lemon juice and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and strain through a fine sieve.
- Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a married cruise-only travel agent with two stepsons, aged 20 and 25. It took a while to get the boys used to my cooking, as they were raised on fast food and pre-packaged foods (i.e. mac-n-cheese from the blue box, frozen dinners, Chef Boyardee, McDonalds, etc.). My mother is from Spain and I lived there as well as Germany, England and Italy growing up, which influenced both my career and my cuisine!</p> 8726943"