Barb's Chicken and Rice Soup
photo by Barb W.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (4 2/3 ounce) packets chicken stock (Knorr's Homestyle Stock)
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup basmati rice (Trader Joe's Basmati Rice Medley)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil till tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I moved to Tennessee from Pennsylvania in 2005. We absolutely love it here, especially being near the Smoky Mountains. My kids are grown and are out of the house. I am a nurse practitioner, work for Evercare, a division of United Healthcare, caring for elderly patients in nursing homes. My husband and I love the outdoors, and we especially enjoy hiking in the Smoky Mountains. I also enjoy doing Jazzercise as often as I can get there. We have 2 spoiled rotten kitties, Elizabeth and Harvey, and an equally spoiled rotten yellow lab, Hayley.