Barbecued Buffalo Wing Dip With a Twist
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
1 large baking dish
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat chicken, lime juice, BBQ sauce and buffalo sauce in a large saucepan.
- Add cumin, red pepper and onion powder.
- Once heated through, add ranch dressing and cream cheese, stirring until all is mixed well together.
- Remove from heat and add half of shredded cheese, stirring well to incorporate.
- Spoon mixture into a baking dish or crockpot and top with remaining shredded cheese. Serve warm (can be reheated in baking dish until bubbly or on low in a crockpot).
- *The heat of this dish can be increased or decreased as desired- just add more buffalo sauce*.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very addictive! I used the 10 oz cans of chicken, but will cook my own next time. Two 10-oz cans should be 2 cups of diced chicken, which should be about 2/3 pound of chicken breast. I left out the cumin because I'm not a fan and the red pepper flakes because I don't like a lot of heat. I used tortillas for dipping. I loved the tang of the lime juice and the smokiness of the barbecue sauce.
A crowd pleaser, even with light cheeses and light ranch! I love the lime flavor! Personally I'd like more chicken and less cream cheese, and more wing sauce. My favorite part of this recipe is all the ingredients could be kept in your pantry and refrigerator - a quick dip to make if a friend stops by.
I made this last night and it was very good! Its something different than your regular chicken wing dip. It has a lot of different flavors going on and definitely gives it a twist! I do prefer to use real chicken instead of the canned. Also instead of heating this up in a saucepan, I just did what I do for the regular buffalo chicken dip. I throw everything together in a casserole dish and put it in the oven to bake. I used franks hot sauce, since I didnt have wing sauce. Next time I will double the amount to make it spicy. The bbq sauce really gives it a smokey taste in the background. And the lime juice gives it a kicked up zesty taste! It was really good and I will be making this again when Im in the mood for something more kicked up than the ordinary wing dip! Thanks for the recipe!