Banana Caramel Fluff
Totally easy dessert, put comfort food!
- Ready In:
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine bananas, vanilla and melted butter, until bananas are well coated.
- On a cookie sheet, unroll two crescent rolls, leaving the two triangles attached to form a square.
- Place 1/4 of banana mixture in the center of each pair of rolls.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- Heat caramel topping and drizzle over dessert.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I unfortunately had a lot of trouble with this recipe, and not because of poor directions or because it was difficult! My crescent rolls did not unroll properly (or really at all) and so I wasn't able to just use the pre-made squares. Instead I just kneaded the dough together and rolled it out and made my own squares. For the banana mixture I added about 1/4 cup of dark rum which I thought added a great flavor. I also sprinkled the whole thing with cinnamon and sugar before baking. I baked mine for 16 minutes and they came out perfect. The longer cooking time could be due to the fact that my dough wasn't consistent with the rolled out pieces had I been able to use them. I made KittenCal's Homemade Carmel Sauce to put on top but unfortunately forgot to put in on when it was time to serve! I am sure this would have put this dessert over the top. I served warm with vanilla ice cream and it was a hit despite my road blocks. Thanks so much!Reply
This has been in my shopping list for a while now, and I finally got around to making it. All I can wonder is what took me so long??? This was incredible and sooo easy and honestly one of the best desserts I have had in awhile. I used 2 bananas, but I had some left over, so I just heated them up in the microwave and ate those - a 5 star recipe all on it's own. I also bought some caramel in a squeeze jar and it made it super easy to put the caramel on top. Fantastic, Mirj. Thanks for the recipe!Reply
see 5 more