Banana Cake 1997 Joy
- Ready In:
- 2 bananas, ripe large
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (plain yogurt ok)
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 tbs sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 9" springform pan or line bottom with parchment paper (or use a silicone pan).
- Combine in food processor bananas and sour cream.
- Add eggs, lemon zest and vanilla and blend.
- In mixer, blend flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add half the banana mix and butter to the flour. Beat on low until the dry are moistened.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 1.5 minutes.
- Gradually add the remaining banana mixture in 2 batches and beating for at least 20 seconds after each addition.
- Scrape batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean and cake springs back, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Slide a thin knife around to detach and remove sides of pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar or frost with something nice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.