- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream Sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, beating until light.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Combine banana, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Stir into flour mixture.
- Stir in mini-morsels.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- (Can also be made in mini-loaf pans or muffin tins, test for doneness after 40 or 30 minutes, respectively).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was similiar to other recipes that I have tried in the past but it was moist and had a lovely texture that I have often not achieved with other recipes (due to buttermilk?). I didn't use the chocolate chips though because I wasn't adventurous enough this time around. My husband brought the entire loaf into work and received many compliments on the great tasting banana bread that he shared. The one thing that I think I would do differenly next time is to avoid using a dark pan. Even though I lowered the temperature by 5 degrees F., the bottom and sides browned a bit more than I would have preferred. I did place tinfoil on the top of the bread about 10-15 minutes before the bread was done so that the top did not get too brown :)