Banana Apple Nut Bread
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (not melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice (or your favorite spice)
- 3 -4 frozen bananas, thawed for 5-10 mins
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple, chopped fairly fine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (185°C).
- Butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Scrape bananas from their skins, mash and pour lemon juice over.
- Cream butter and sugars til light, add eggs and vanilla, beat until fluffy.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fold in bananas, apples and nuts.
- Mixture should be pretty thick (should "plop" by spoonfuls, not pour) if it seems too thin, sift flour by teaspoonfuls over mixture and stir.
- Spoon into pan, thump bottom of pan on bench a few times to settle, smooth top and bake for 50 minutes. Top should be golden brown and sound hollow when lightly thumped.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Originally from New Orleans; are we food obsessed or what?? Sent to boarding school at a very young age where our major gripe was the food, of course. I swore never to eat stuff I did not like ever again. Life is too short for that nonsense. Its easier to list dislikes than likes/loves, so: Curry (every poverty stricken third world country reeks of curry, yuk!) Eggplant anything (I don't care how fancy you disguise aubergine, its still slimy eggplant). Pumpkin anything (I hear its good food for pigs...give 'em my share). Brussel sprouts (who in hell decided these were fit for human consumption?)