Balti Chicken Salad
This is from a free Penzey's recipe card and uses their Balti seasoning, which is a mixture of spices reminiscent of curry powder, sweet and a little hot. Feel free to use your own spices. I have not tried this recipe yet, but am typing it here for safekeeping.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (can use Greek yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 1⁄4 cup chopped apricot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1 teaspoon balti seasoning, mixed with 2 tsp water
- 8 -12 slices sandwich bread
- leafy greens
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients, except bread and leafy greens, together.
- Serve on bread with leafy greens as a sandwich, or as a salad.