Balsamic Minestrone Soup
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 large carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar traditional marinara sauce (Bertolli with Italian Herbs & Fresh Garlic Sauce)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can low sodium red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked ditalini
- Heat olive oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots and cook until tender; about 5 minutes. Add sauce and vegetable broth.
- Stir in zucchini, spinach and kidney beans. Bring to boil, cover and reduce to heat to medium-low. Cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and pasta. Cook until heated through; about 5 minutes. Serve with additional cheese and a dollop of pesto if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!