Baked Mashed Idaho Potatoes
Serve with sliced roasted turkey breast and fresh green beans. I found this recipe at Tops market courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 8 cups idaho potatoes, cooked and mashed (leftovers can be used)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 8 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, combine potatoes, egg, sour cream, cottage cheese and onions at medium speed. Spoon potato mixture into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed crackers (or shredded cheese can be used) and bake 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Delicious! (Keep in mind, though, that you have to start off with tasty mashed potatoes.) I loved the creaminess along with the scallions. For the topping, I opted to use both the cracker crumbs and some shredded cheddar cheese. This was a terrific potato casserole. Definitely worthy of being part of a holiday meal. Thanx for sharing!