Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
photo by Tuck Burnette
- Ready In:
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons strong mustard or 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 -4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 best hamburger buns, split
- 2 1⁄2 lbs thinly sliced baked deli ham
- 8 thick slices deli swiss cheese, up to 12 ounces
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut aluminum foil into pieces large enough to hold each sandwich.
- Whisk or beat the butter with the mayonnaise, mustard, onion powder and poppy seeds.
- Spread sauce on both sides of each bun, if desired, sauce quantity may be doubled, and more can be used, although not all of it will be required.
- Place ham slices on the bottom side of each bun. Put cheese slices evenly on top of ham.
- Replace bun tops, wrap in foil.
- Bake sandwiches, on a sheet tray, for up to 25 minutes, unwrap and serve.
- If desired, buns may be frozen thoroughly, and baked at 350 for 1 hour, up to 1 month later.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!