Baked Fish With Cheese Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fish fillets such as flounder or 1 lb orange roughy
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- fresh dill weed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Meanwhile spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick coating. Place fillets in dish, tucking under any thin edges.
- Melt margarine or butter; brush on top of fish. Top with bread crumbs. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- While fish is baking, prepare sauce. In a small saucepan stir together milk and flour. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Add cheese and mustard. Cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Serve fillets with cheese sauce and dillweed (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired Special Education teacher. I love to cook and entertain friends. I'm an avid sewer and crafter.