Baked Bean Fritters
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and eggs until well blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the reserved sauce and the oil.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls into the oil; brown fritters on both sides, turning when the sides begin to bubble, after about 1 minute.
- When fritters are golden and crispy all over, drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the reserved baked bean sauce over low heat until warm.
- Serve as a dipping sauce with the fritters.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just had to try these because I have never heard of such a thing. They turned out exceptionally good. The batter, after frying, was cruchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The brown sugar gave it just a hint of sweetness while the onion kept is slightly savory. Great idea. Thanks for posting.