Baked Barbecue Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1 small onion, cut into slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place chicken pieces in 13X9-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange onion slices over top.
- In small saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and liquid smoke.
- Heat over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake chicken 1 hour or until juices run clear.
- Discard onion slices.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I scaled back for 3 and I used what we call chicken maryland (thigh and drumstick/leg intacked) and the only change I made was to use only 2 teaspoons of liquid smoke instead of 1 tablespoon and I am so glad I did as the liquid smoke predominated more than I would like so would cut that back to a teaspoon and I spooned some of the sauce over the chicken and it was a easy dish to put together and would recommend for mid week Baked at 175C fan forced for 50 minutes and the chicken was fall off the bone tender and nice and sweet just a little too sweet for my taste but the DM and the DS really enjoyed and there was only polished bones left. Thank you Recipenut, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.