Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Ready In:
- 32 pitted dates
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese or 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 32 blanched almonds
- 1 (65 g) box fully cooked bacon, 50% less salt
- 32 wood cocktail sticks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice dates lengthwise and open up like a book. Inside each date, place 1/2 teaspoons blue cheese and 1 almond, then close tightly.
- Wrap dates in bacon, trimming as needed, and secure with a cocktail pick. You can slice the bacon in halves or thirds to wrap various sized dates.
- Place dates on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. (If making ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed).
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 400°F Brush dates with honey and bake for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a platter and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.