Bacon Cheeseburger Bake
- Ready In:
- 5 ounces Hungry Jack cheesy scalloped potatoes
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F In ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish, combine potato slices, contents of sauce packet from potatoes, margarine and boiling water; mix well. Stir in milk. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked and onion is tender, stirring frequently. Drain if necessary. Stir in ketchup and pepper. Keep warm.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Stir potatoes gently. Spoon meat mixture over potatoes. Top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving to thicken sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A dad of three busy youngsters (2, 6, and 8) with a wife in nursing school. My wife and I both use this site so much we figured we might as well pitch in for the Premium :) I work for a non-profit doing housing development and my wife works as an LPN in pursuit of her RN.