Bacon, Cheese and Rice Pie
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 slices white bread (toast or thick)
- 50 g butter
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 4 bacon, rashers
- 2⁄3 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 bunch chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Grease a 20cm springform tin with melted butter.
- Cut the crusts off 6-8 slices of white toast bread. Spread each slice with butter. Line the tin with slices buttered-side down and the corners sticking up.
- Place 2 cups of cooled cooked rice in a large mixing bowl. Remove the rind from 4 bacon rashers, finely chop rashers and add to the rice. Add 2/3 cup grated tasty cheese, 4 eggs, 1/4 cup cream and 1/4 bunch chopped parsley. Mix ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the bread-lined tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the rice mixture is firm and the bread is golden brown and crisp, and then serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Keilor Downs, Victoria in Australia. I am a receptionist in Melbourne. My favorite cook books are anything Weight Watchers or Simply 2 good 2 be true also any muffin or scone cook books. I love cooking easy stuff but I love a challange ocasionaly on the weekends when i have a bit more time. My pet peeve is how much capsicum/bell peppers are in recipes now as i am elergic to them.