Bacon and Cilantro Breakfast Muffins
photo by RuPei
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups in a muffin tin or spray muffin tin with a thin layer of non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, white sugar and baking powder.
- Whisk egg. Combine egg, milk and canola oil.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Combine until lumps disappear. Do not over-mix. Let set for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro, bacon and cheddar cheese to the batter. Carefully combine well. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We enjoyed these savory muffins. They reminded me a bit of cornbread muffins, and were a nice addition to breakfast. The bacon, cilantro, and cheddar make for a colorful muffin. I thought they needed a little something, so we tried a dab of butter and then also tried a drizzle of maple syrup -- yum!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I like to teach people how to cook authentic Chinese food since most Chinese food I've tried here in the US has lost its original taste. Therefore, the recipes I post here have not been adjusted at all. They are just how you would taste in my homeland. Hope you enjoy!<img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /></p>