Baby Hot Browns
- Ready In:
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces cooked turkey, thinly sliced
- 18 slices miniature party rye rounds or 18 slices French bread
- Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water, add half and half.
- In saucepan, melt butter and add flour.
- Whisk and cook mixture until frothy and raw flour taste is gone.
- While stirring, add bouillon mixture.
- Stir constantly with whisk until the sauce thickens and begins to bubble.
- Add Swiss cheese and stir until smooth (If sauce needs thinning, head and add a little water).
- Assemble hot browns by placing turkey and onion on each bread slice.
- Top with sauce and crumbled bacon.
- Heat at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, garnish with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 11 years now. We live on 40 acres and have 6 dogs and 4 Tennessee Walkers. We both work a lot of hours so there is never enough time in a day to get everything done. I absolutely love the outdoors. I also enjoy lifting weights, reading and playing with all of my beautiful animals. I absolutely love, love and love to cook. I like to cook a variety of things and also like love to bake. I like to just get in the kitchen and experiment with different things. If something does not turn out for me such as pie crust or gravy I will keep trying until I can make it work. Only problem is, when I finally make it work it may not work again the time after that. It is fun though and I do consider myself a pretty good cook for the most part. I also love slow cooker recipes. Those are my most favorite in the winter months.