Baby Carrots With Tarragon
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 4 bunches baby carrots, peeled and trimmed, keep 3-inches of stems left intact
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced or 3 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine carrots, 1/4 cup water, 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon, butter, vinegar and honey in heavy large skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until carrots are almost tender, about 12 minutes.
- Uncover; cook until carrots are tender and liquid is reduced to glaze, about 6 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved these! I would never have thought of pairing tarragon with carrots, but it was great! I messed up and added all the tarragon during the cooking, but obviously it didn't mess the recipe up too much......there were no carrots left! I used the pre-peeled baby carrots, so no stems in my pics...sorry! I really enjoyed these....thanks for sharing!
I added my taragon after cooking the carrots because it's a string herb that not everyone in the family likes. I then added more after the photo becuase I really enjoy it. That said, tarragon is best for me as a "once in a while" flavour. Please see my rating system: 4 lovely stars for a recie that I enjoyed but only fancy once in a while. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"