Avocados Stuffed With Quinoa, Corn and Tomato
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- In a frying pan, saute the chopped onion in the olive oil on medium-low heat until the onion is translucent.
- Carefully cut the avocados in half lengthwise.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the pit and pulp, keeping the shells intact and discard the pits.
- Chop the flesh and combine with the other ingredients, including the cooked onion.
- Fill avocado halves with filling and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really enjoyed this....these are some of my favourite ingredients so I was pretty sure I would. Not that you need to, it's tasty as is, but I added a few extra things (broth to cook the quinoa in, and fresh chives in the salad). I think some sage or thyme might be nice next time as well - any fresh herb for that matter. I cut the avocado the way I always do, scoring the flesh in both directions to the bottom so the knife skims the inside of the shell without going through. And then I scoop out the pieces with a tablespoon. My avocado loving daughter thinks the bowl is pretty cool. I was thinking this would just be part of our meal, but it was so filling we didn't want anything else. Thanks Dreamer! Made during ZWT7.
Very tasty. I used a tablespoon to scoop out the flesh from the avocado - worked out very well, and I didn't cut into the shell in any way. I didn't want to dirty a pan, so decided to forego sauteeing the onion and just added it raw (after rinsing, to make the onion flavour less pronounced). Enjoyed this very much for lunch today. Another way to serve quinoa, that is very tasty.