Avocado Salad With Pomegranate Drizzle
photo by ForeverMama
- Ready In:
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup arugula, baby, rinsed & dried
- 1 cup lettuce, baby, romaine, rinsed & dried
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, small, rinsed & dried, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 pink grapefruit, small, cut into sections than halved
- 2 avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup pomegranate seeds (garnish)
- To make the drizzle put the pomegranate juice in a small stainless steel saucepan over high heat.
- Boil the juice until reduced to 1/3 cup (approximately 8 – 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the corn syrup, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and red pepper flakes and set a side to cool.
- In a large bowl add the arugula, romaine lettuce, snow peas and cucumber.
- Peel the grapefruit, cut into sections, than cut each section in half.
- Next peel and slice the avocados and chop coarsely.
- Add both the grapefruit and avocado pieces to the lettuce bowl and toss lightly.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the vinagrette over the salad, toss lightly, sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top for garnish and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful! The dressing is WOW.....so very delicious. The pomegranate juice with the red pepper flakes and other ingredients came together so well. I couldn't find pomegranate seeds so I left it out and used all arugula for the salad as that is what I had on hand. I can't say enough good things about this salad and especially the dressing!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.